Name: Gil Maia
Academic Degree: PhD
Professional Status: Professor, Department of Visual Arts of the Higher School of Education, Oporto Polytechnic Institute
CLUL's Research Sector: Laboratoy of Psycholinguistics
Research Areas: Communication Design; Visual Literacy, Typography, Caligraphy.
- 2008 - Doctor of Phylosophy. Ph. D. dissertation inCommunication Design (Graphic design strategies for legibility and readability on the learn to read boks). University of Oporto.
- 1993 - Master of Arts. Master of Arts in Graphic Design. (Written Dissertation: Time and The Wrapping of Information; Visual Component: Book of Hours). Central Saint Martins College of Art And Design - London: The London Institute.
- 1975 - BA in Architecture, Higher School of Fine Arts of Oporto/ Architecture Department, University of Oporto.
- 2010 on: Professor at the Department of Visual Arts of the Higher School of Education, Oporto Polytechnic Institute
- 2004-2007: Researcher at Onset-Centro de Estudos da Linguagem
- 2008 on: Director of the Master Course in Teaching Visual Education and Technological Education on the second and third Cycle, (Department of Visual Arts of the Higher School of Education, Oporto Polytechnic Institute).
- 2007-2009: Director of the Minor in Visual Arts & Artistic Technologies - BA in Visual Arts (Department of Visual Arts of the Higher School of Education, Oporto Polytechnic Institute).
- Research Projects
- PhD dissertations
- Towards words and images, graphic strategies and the meanings. Manuel Jorge Carvalho, University of Minho, 2010 (in progress).
- Post Graduation dissertations
- The Icon at the Fine Arts — St. Sebastian. Maria do Céu Martins (1996)
- Advantages of the animation movie techniques for the children cognitive development. Paulina Vieira (1996)
- The Mask of Silence on Armanda Passos painting. Lucília Cardoso (1996)
- Graffiti - The Graffiti Intervention. Raimundo Tavares (1996)