CORDIAL-SIN: Syntax-oriented Corpus of Portuguese Dialects
Ana Maria Martins
(CLUL) (since July 2007)
(CLUL) (since January 2008)
André Eliseu (CLUL) (from October 1999 to December 2003)
Adriana Cardoso (CLUL) (from November 1999 to July 2000)
Sjef Barbiers (Meertens Instituut — Netherlands)
Charlotte Galves (University of Campinas — São Paulo, Brasil)
Anthony Kroch (University of Pennsylvania — USA)
- Centro de Linguística da Universidade de Lisboa (CLUL) / Fundação da Universidade de Lisboa (FUL) — leader
- Centro de Linguística da Universidade Nova de Lisboa / Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa (FCSH-UNL)
FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia:
- CORDIAL-SIN (concluded project) - PRAXIS XXI/P/PLP/13046/1998
- CORDIAL-SIN, Phase 2 (concluded project) - POSI/PLP/33275/1999
- Dialect Syntax (concluded project) - POCTI/LIN/46980/2002
- DUPLEX (ongoing project) - PTDC/LIN/71559/2006
- Studying the syntax of European Portuguese dialects within the framework of the Principles and Parameters theory.
- Developing and enhancing research activity on syntactic dialect variation in Portugal (in partnership with the EdiSyn — European Dialect Syntax project).
- Building up and making available online the Syntax-oriented Corpus of Portuguese Dialects (CORDIAL-SIN). This corpus will be updated and improved on a regular basis. The existence of the corpus feeds the goals expressed in 1. and 2. above.
- Exploiting existing resources in order to make them available to the scientific community and relevant for the development of the field of comparative dialectal syntax. A rich recorded speech collection owned by CLUL provides the 'raw material' for the constitution of the Syntax-oriented Corpus of Portuguese Dialects.